Please Click here–> 11 Update for May and June 2016 or read below… Thanks!
I hope that you are doing well! Thank you in advance for your time as you read through this latest 5 Minute Ministry Update. In it you will find an update from a recent mission trip to Ft. Morgan, CO.
What God Did…
Refugee [ref·u·gee]— “A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.”
I wish I could tell you their stories— the stories of these very real people— the stories of these refugees.
These are the faces of some of the 1000+ refugees in this small farming town. These are faces of men, women, and children who have escaped their war-torn, famine-ridden countries to make a new life in the USA. They are Muslims, they are Christians, they are people; they are an all too forgotten and despised people. They come from some of the most desperate places on earth, like Somalia, a country devastated by war and famine. Though these people have been forgotten and despised by many, God has not forgotten them, nor does He despise them. In fact, He is very much at work among them!
On this recent trip we saw God move! A team of youth and adults from Grace Covenant Church and I partnered again with a local pastor and his family. We saw as God knocked down social and religious barriers. God created opportunities for us to share the message of Jesus with many who had never heard it before, including Muslim children and adults. We were also able to share the gospel with several American children, 4 of whom decided to follow Jesus.
One of these 4, a young second grade boy named Charlie, told us that he was thinking about killing himself. But, he learned about Jesus and was set free from demonic oppression. He chose to follow Christ and now says that he wants to live for God!
God is indeed at work! I am excited about what He is doing, and look forward to seeing him do more of the impossible.
- Please pray for all the refugees in Ft. Morgan, That God would draw them into his near presence.
- Please pray for the four kids who decided to follow Jesus including Charles.
- Please pray that God would move in such a way that many muslims would Choose to follow Jesus, instead.
- Please pray that God would raise up laborers across this nation that would pour the love of Jesus into refugee communities.
- Please pray for Taylor and I as we take the next step into marriage and life together.